Spiked Rumchata Egg Nog Cupcakes.♥
I ditched my little tutu and unicorn horn for a day, and I spiked my cupcakes with some 21+ flavor!The Innocent Egg Nog batter was just sitting there, so lonely.
So I poured Rumchata into the batter (and the frosting, oh my!)
Now that's just what the Egg Nog needed.....a Caribbean Friend!
A holiday party inside of (and excitingly swirled on top of) a cupcake.I sprinkled edible gold glitter on top of each cupcake to resemble nutmeg. (The nutmeg is already in the frosting, so I figured that glitter is more shiny and fun than the act of sprinkling the cupcake with nutmeg).
I delivered a Rumchata Egg Nog Cupcake gift to my friend who came home from the hospital after a pretty scary open heart surgery procedure. This was her review, it made me laugh so hard and filled me with just as much joy as that cupcake did for her!
(Recipe test tasted by my executive cupcake baker Andy, who says they are Egg Nogtastic)!
Note: I find that using a box mix as your base and doctoring it up like crazy with Egg Nog and Rumchata is quite possibly the best option. The flavors don't bake out like they do with a recipe from scratch. Oh, and please do pour it into your frosting too for a little holiday "zing!"
(Makes appx 18 cupcakes)
Ingredients Needed:White Box Mix
4 Eggs1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
1 Cup Egg Nog
1/4 Cup Rumchata
1/4 Teaspoon NutmegInstant Vanilla or White Chocolate Pudding (3-4 oz box, dry-not prepared)
1. Preheat Oven to 325.
2. Line Cupcake Pans with Wrappers.3. In stand mixer, combine all ingredients above, making sure all ingredients are blended well. Whip for about 2 minutes.
4. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the batter into cupcake liners, filling a little over 1/2 full.
5. Bake at 325 for 18-22 minutes, or until your kitchen smells like egg nog, Caribbean spice and all things nice.
6. Before decorating, let cupcakes cool ♥
The "Spiked" Frosting:
(frosts around 18 cupcakes)
8 oz cream cheese (softened at room temp)
1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened at room temp)
1-2 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
1-2 Tablespoons Rumchata1-2 Tablespoons Egg Nog
1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract8-10 Cups Powdered Sugar
1. In Stand Mixer, Whip Cream Cheese & Butter together until the ingredients begin to look light and fluffy.
2. Gradually add Heavy Whipping Cream, Rumchata, and Egg Nog until combined.3. Now add Nutmeg, Cinnamon and Vanilla Extract.
4. When all ingredients are combined, gradually pour powdered sugar into what will be a fluffy frosting. Keep adding powdered sugar until frosting is stiff enough to pipe out onto your cupcakes.
5. Once frosting is finished, cut a hole at the end of a disposable piping bag and place a 1A round tip at the end.
6. Fill your piping bag with frosting and swirl on top of cupcake. Using edible gold glitter sugar crystals, sprinkle each cupcake with love and edible glitter.
***NOTE: I have received several comments on this frosting saying that it wasn't stiff enough. Please note that while this recipe may have worked for me, you may have to play around with it a little bit depending on the weather/your environment, etc. My best tip to you would be to add a little bit of liquid here & there & then add a little bit of powdered sugar. The more powdered sugar you add, the stiffer (and sweeter) the frosting will get. It is all about the time and love you put into the frosting!!!! Taste it as you go and add what you need.♥ Don't take it too seriously, enjoy the time you have baking & get love drunk on the Rumchata.