Friday, May 25, 2012

Memorial Day Cupcakes ♥

What does Memorial Day taste like to you?

To me, the purpose of a Memorial Day feast is to celebrate life & freedom in rich flavors. ♥  Think cherries, blueberries, pie, all while watching the parade, and don't forget the fireworks after.

That's what I tried to create inside of this cupcake.
A cherry, vanilla, blueberry cupcake parade.
With a Blueberry or Cherry Pie baked inside. ♥
For the fireworks..a sparkly pie on top!

I made three different cupcake batters and poured them on top of each other inside the cupcake liner.  One is blueberry velvet ♥ The second is a basic vanilla ♥And the third..is my red velvet batter.  I added a splash of almond extract to the red velvet so it tastes like cherries.

A perfect Memorial Day picnic..
 always includes a cherry or blueberry pie ♥
..and maybe a food fight?

Cupcake Wars where the weapons are frosting, pie filling, cake, and sparkles. 


I love using mini tartlet tins to mold my mini pies!
They are the perfect size to bake pies inside of your cupcakes, and the edges are about as sharp as a cookie cutter.  I buy mine at a specialty kitchen store called the Wire Whisk.





 I love pie inside of cupcakes..
And on top of cupcakes..
even inside of cake! (see it done here)
Because it unites the cake & pie lovers together.
Even if it's just for one day.

Next on my list....is a savory cupcake♥
Uniting a picnic lunch and dessert..perhaps?

Happy Memorial Day ♥

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 31, 2012 at 8:23 AM , Blogger Sara said...

These are great! I can't wait to see what you have in mind for the savory cupcakes!!

 
At May 31, 2012 at 6:21 PM , Blogger Amanda Cupcake said...

Thank you!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://theamandacupcake.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service