Monday, September 27, 2010

Orange County Cupcake Showdown~Amanda Cupcake!


Amanda Cupcake. Queen of her Domain at The Cupcake Showdown ~ OC!

The Orange County Cupcake Showdown on September 21st, 2010 was a success for ten bakeries in Orange County, California.......including Amanda Cupcake! (me!)

Famed foodie & event planner for the Cupcake Showdown - Jayne Lee Yang discovered Amanda Cupcake online.

Thanks to Jayne's invitation,  I could not resist the opportunity to participate in my first ever cupcake competition.

Somehow in two days~all by myself (keep in mind I am not a full on bakery yet--I am Amanda Cupcake trying to make it in this big big world of sweetness!!) I baked & decorated about 700 cupcakes total.  My dad was my assistant! He ran back and forth getting me the ingredients I needed whenever I ran out. :) The best dad ever.

I have never experienced such cupcake madness in all of my life! There had to have been over 500 people that showed up just within the hours of 7-9pm at Access Media in Fountain Valley.

By the time the night was over, all of my cupcakes were eaten!
The whole night was a blur of cupcake paparazzi from the OC Weekly, OC Register, Marianthefoodie, and other food bloggers, cupcake lovers and photographers. 
My cupcakes were the supermodels of the event.

I didn't win but I did hear that I was one of the top three cupcakeries in the competition out of all the votes! So I came very close. It feels pretty amazing since this was my first cupcake competition!

Amanda Cupcake felt her 15 minutes of fame that night~filling more than just her tummy with confidence and hope for a successful future in cupcakes!

OC Weekly described my layout as "Cupcakes that look like seascapes of Ariel the mermaid's kingdom complete with white chocolate seashells."

Cupcake Wars...Oprah....Ellen Degeneres....Martha Stewart....do I have a chance? Please say yes!

Amanda Cupcake---Cupcake Showdown Flavors:
  • Cupcake balls covered in dark chocolate & edible sparkles/sprinkles
  • Cupcake Pops that looked exactly like Ice Cream Cones
  • Red Velvet with cream cheese frosting
  • Carrot Cake with a surprise apple pie filling
  • Vanilla with a surprise white chocolate filling
  • Margarita with tequila & lime
  • Chocolate Pumpkin Spice
  • Devil's Food topped with Caramel Corn
  • Strawberry with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
  • Snickerdoodle with a surprise chocolate kiss in the middle
Links to Articles about Amanda Cupcake:

OC Weekly Article about Amanda Cupcake at The Cupcake Showdown

OC Register Article about Amanda Cupcake at The Cupcake Showdown

Marianthefoodie blog
(soon she'll post a youtube video where she interviews me about my cupcake inspirations!)


The photos:
(All taken by OC Weekly, the OC Register, Valerie Durham~OC Cupcake Showdown photographer, friends & foodies Shastin Fletcher, Anne Marie)


Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes & Cupcake Balls covered in Chocolate!

Vanilla Rainbow Cupcakes. MmMmmM.



 Some Amanda Cupcake Fans buying my Peacock themed Cupcakes.

My friend Alicia & I in the cupcake zone.

 Sugar Flowers. Beautiful and Delicious.

Snickerdoodle & Red Velvet.

 Carrot Cakes with an apple pie surprise in the middle!

 Tiny Dancers on the Red Velvet Cupcake Carpet!

The Amanda Cupcake Logo.


 My friend Shastin's view of Amanda Cupcake. I love her artistic eye!
She also makes jewelry. Shastin's website is:  www.pulchritudejewelry.blogspot.com
 Another one of Shastin's beautiful vintage inspired photos. :)

 My friend Anne is a major foodie & she was the photographer of this yummy-ness.

 Being interviewed on video with Marian The Foodie! She is a famous food blogger. :)


 Another Amanda Cupcake Fan~she chose the tiny dancer cupcake!


 This is a view of cupcake madness! (the people who showed up to eat cupcakes!)

 Cupcake Kaleidoscopes!
(Hint hint...these ship well!)



 OC Weekly Paparazzi Photo!
"Cupcakes that look like seascapes of Ariel the mermaid's kingdom complete with white chocolate seashells."




The Giant Cupcake!



 More Amanda Cupcake Fans! The guy on the right is eating my chocolate ~ cream cheese cupcake.

 My sweet Cupcake Showdown Volunteer~Chels


A really cute Amanda Cupcake fan-
eating one of my carrot cake jellybean cupcakes & a cupcake cone!

All about the Cupcake Love.....
xoxo ~ Amanda Cupcake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://theamandacupcake.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service