Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Paper-Doll Pin Up Girl Cupcakes!

I met this hidden gem of an artist here in Wisconsin who creates murals and miraculously makes everything come to life with a simple pen and a piece of paper.

He drew this gorgeous picture of me, (wow do I ever look like a  hottie!) I love it so much I even thought about changing my logo. Maybe when I open a bakery I will put this on the front window? 

Amanda Cupcake
by Jeremy Kruzicki


He also drew me this amazing sketch of a cupcake..and I want to make a real cupcake inspired by it someday very soon.

An Amanda Cupcake - Cupcake by Jeremy Kruzicki


This week he asked me to collaborate with him to make "pin-up" style cupcakes for a special person in his life.  I have to say we did all right!

His Drawings.
I made them into "Altered Couture" Cupcake Toppers using Sequins, Lace, Ribbons, and Glittery Card stock. Think..Paper Doll Pin-Up Girls!



I thought about putting corsets on top of the cupcakes. But why not make actual cupcake wrappers that look like the cupcakes are wearing corsets?


A Butterfly Brooch on a Cupcake Wrapper-very Marilyn Monroe.


This is what the "Marilyn" Cupcake looked like.


Yes, a cupcake in a martini glass.


Here is the website that I used for my cupcake wrapper template
I used my fashion sense to turn the cupcake wrapper into a hot little number. Lace, bling, bows, pearls, hearts.


Pin-up Girls Jumping Out of Cupcakes!


Pin Up Girls resting on top of a glitzy swirl.  Fluffed up frosting on top of a cupcake that is all dressed up and ready to be devoured.


The edible star on this cupcake was inspired by one of my favorites:
"I'd rather wear jewels in my hair than anywhere else. The face should have the advantage of this brilliance."-Hedy Lamarr.



A shoe and a cupcake in a martini glass! Hmmm this one tells endless stories.






When I delivered the cupcakes..there were about 5 ladies surrounding them, in complete awe! A cupcake fashion show. Hello, Victoria's Secret Annual Fashion Show! A new line of pin-up / cupcake inspired lingerie? Perhaps. ♥


Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 12, 2011 at 7:18 PM , Blogger Meegs said...

Amanda, an amazing job on the pin-up cupcakes and cheers to the artist too!! You two did a wonderful job, but I don't have to tell you that!! So glad to know you girl!! Always look forward to seeing your next masterpieces!!! Love, Megan Darvin :)

 
At October 17, 2011 at 10:11 PM , Blogger Kara said...

I found my new fave blog! I love your cupcakes!!
The Pin Up Cupcakes are too cool for words...send some my way ;P
New follower! :D

Kara xoxo

http://lovehomebird.blogspot.com/

 
At October 18, 2011 at 8:47 AM , Anonymous Amanda Cupcake said...

Hi Kara! Thank you so much for the cupcake love. I am so glad we met. I'll have to check out your blog as well ♥♥♥ xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://theamandacupcake.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service