Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A California Wedding ♥

This last week I packed up my cupcakes and extended the love to California for my friend Alicia ♥

She was married to her love, Ryan Santibanez in Huntington Beach!


Alicia and I call each other full time friends, because we worked together side by side in the fashion industry for over 40 hours a week. We always entertained each other with laughter in the office, including passing notes to eachother on Post It Notes. One afternoon several years ago, we used a Post It Note as a contract promising each other that when we got married, we'd be in each other's weddings. We even autographed the note, officially ♥.

And last weekend..our written promise became reality.
I was a part of her wedding...as a bridesmaid.

....and as her cupcake caterer!
I traveled 2000 miles to share the cupcake love.
60 white velvet cupcakes swirled with lavender promises between Alicia and Ryan of Sweet Love, "I Do", and "Happily Ever After."  My friend has grown up. She's gone from Post it Note promises to Vows of Eternal Love ♥.

Peanut Butter Cup Hors d'oeuvres anyone?

The Peanut Butter Cup "Hors D'oeuvres" were baked inside of 60 more chocolate cupcakes that I named "Peanut Butter Cup Gems".   Ryan (the groom) loved this flavor so much, he posted a photo on Facebook with the caption: "Superbomb.com":



I even made them a little wedding cake. ♥




Ryan and Alicia's special day radiated love. Every detail was made by hand. Alicia even designed this beautiful backdrop for the dessert table.

(cupcakes half eaten).


I may not have married the man of *my* dreams yet.  Right now I'm married to my cupcake career ♥ But Ryan and Alicia's love reminded me that if I keep my hope alive, the love of my life might just squeeze into all of the sweetness that is Amanda Cupcake!  That reminder was probably the best gift given to me, in exchange for 120 cupcakes.



Recipe for the groom's Superbomb.com Peanut Butter Frosting:
Ingredients Needed:

8 oz Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
2/3 Cup Peanut Butter
2-3 Cups of Powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Optional: 1-2 Tablespoons of Heavy Whipping Cream

1.  In a large mixer using a paddle attachment, fluff up cream cheese and unsalted butter. 
2.   Gradually add Peanut Butter until all ingredients are combined and creamy.   (Make sure you scrape the bowl continuously with a rubber spatulat to incorporate all ingredients).
3.  Add the teaspoon of Vanilla Extract. 
4.  Slowly add powdered sugar into the mixture and whip with paddle attachment until frosting is the thickness you desire. I like to leave this frosting pretty smooth and creamy. 

**If frosting is too thick, you can always go back and make it more creamy and dreamy, "superbomb.com" by adding 1 or 2 Tablespoons of Heavy Whipping Cream. 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 5, 2012 at 2:52 PM , Blogger alicia santibanez said...

I LOVE YOU and this…amazing … :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://theamandacupcake.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service