Thursday, August 6, 2015

Shoes with real sprinkles on top! DIY!

I altered some pink and white faux "chucks" I bought at a local discount store by throwing magical glittery sprinkles on them. Yep, this time the shoes got the sprinkles on top instead of the cupcakes!  Unless you are a baker yourself, you may not realize that there are many times when my shoes look similar to this at the end of a really busy baking & decorating day.

You know what I think is really special?  There will always be something that you leave behind that makes people love you more. Little reminders, pieces of you. I'd have to say my special thing is sprinkles and glitter.  Since I am leaving a trail of glitter, it makes total sense that I'd put sequins on my shoes!



\
What's your special thing? What makes people love and miss you when they see it?



I "iced" the sides of the shoes with white puffy paint to make it look like I spilled frosting on my shoes! (not far from the truth).  You really don't need this part to be perfect.  Spilling icing is far from perfect. It's messy.



You're probably asking, "What happens if your shoes get wet? Will the sprinkles fall off or dissolve?"
.

My answer is no! My not-so-secret ingredient in this recipe:  Clear Glitter Nail Polish.
First, I painted the white part of the shoe with clear glitter nail polish. 


 I threw the sprinkles on the wet nail polish and waited for the sprinkles to dry & "set" to the shoes. Last, I brushed the nail polish on top of the sprinkles as a sealant. Note: You can use regular clear nail polish as a sealant, I used glitter nail polish as my glue of choice because glitter is my favorite color.

Nail polish dries pretty quickly, so this is a perfect project if you are feeling creative but impatient to see the end result. I finished both the "icing" and "sprinkling"part in about an hour and let everything set for less than a day (about 4-6 hours just to be safe).
I was wearing these by EOD and already received compliments and people asking me where they could get some shoes like this?! Can you tell I am smiling in this picture?! :)   

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At January 2, 2016 at 10:37 AM , Blogger Sammy D said...

This is so fabulous !

So very cute!

 
At May 7, 2016 at 6:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi guys,
Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!
If someone want to know more about cupcakes London I think this is the right place for you!

 
At October 8, 2017 at 9:23 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I found this blog after a long time which is really helpful to let understand different approaches. I am going to adopt these new point to my career and thankful for this help.
รองเท้า สุขภาพ

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://theamandacupcake.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service