Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Kaleidoscope Cupcakes ♥

Remember when you were a kid, and you looked inside of a kaleidoscope and wondered how in the world you could see something so amazing just by looking inside of a tunnel?


The thing I most hear from my cupcake friends is how something I created brings them back to their childhood.  This is good.  One of my biggest goals in my life is to stay in touch with my youth, and never lose it. I think that the authentic "me" is the curious, fearless little girl.

And the little *Amanda* comes alive in my latest creation, the cupcake kaleidoscope.


A Cupcake in a Jar.
Actually two cupcakes stacked on top of eachother.
Layered with Frosting.
And Sprinkles Galore.
You can see all the delicious fun from the *outside* and wonder... how does all that goodness get inside the jar so beautifully?
Remember the wooden spoons you used to eat ice cream with when you were a child?


This is the salted caramel cupcake kaleidoscope.
A gooey layer of delish caramel as you scoop your way to the bottom.
 It is really pretty .. and yummy.. on the way. ♥



Kaleidoscopes are all about colorful surprises.



The Pomegranate Margarita Cupcake Kaleidoscope.

Surprise♥


The best thing about the cupcake kaleidoscopes..is that I can mail them. ♥
And like anything else I create, they are tailored to the person I am sending them to.

I don't think there has ever been a kaleidoscope you could eat before.
That's how you know life is good, when the day comes that you can gaze at the beauty of a kaleidoscope..
and then eat it.

I have to say a little something something about the photographer who helped me with the cupcake kaleidoscope photos. Dan Woolf Photography (click on his name to check him out).

I traded him around 40 cupcakes for cupcake photography and we had an evening of fun cupcake photography. Bartering is the best. I am a believer. He got to eat a piece of heaven, and I ended up with amazing photos.

One of my favorite quotes from his daughter that evening: (about my salted caramel cupcake)
"You can tell I like it, because look how much I ate!" (The cupcake was pretty much crumbs on the counter at that point!)




 


Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At May 30, 2011 at 12:57 PM , Blogger Lexi said...

I really love these Cupcake Kaleidoscopes! So colorful and creative. The sprinkles at the bottom are so cute!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://theamandacupcake.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service