Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake Love ♥

I look at Los Angeles (Burbank really) as my home away from home in California. This is where my free spirit took off and I discovered it was okay to be the true Amanda.

People ask me why I moved back to Wisconsin from California last year. And how in the world I adjusted? Especially moving from a melting pot of millions (including transplanted palm trees!) to my hometown of 6000 (including 6 feet of snow last winter!)


This giganto pink cupcake card of cupcake love from Waupaca Middle School tells me why.
I made chocolate peanut butter cupcakes for the Waupaca Middle School Dance team a few weeks ago, requested by the very amazing & gifted dancer Hanna Henrich Waller.  ♥ They looked like this:


with blinged out peanut butter cup jewels:


And this is all the love that was returned to me:







Hanna was the cupcake card messenger.
I could barely hold back the tears of joy while reading this jam packed card full of adoration for my glittery peanut butter chocolate cupcakes!


Never before in my entire life had I ever felt more like I was doing the right thing. 


I always thought I had to run really far away to distant lands to meet my calling.


And I did run away for awhile..




But sometimes a new chapter is all you need to start your own storybook adventure.  And it doesn't matter where you are.



The storybook adventure of Amanda Cupcake..including sparkly pages and delicious recipes!


My Recipe for Glittery Peanut Butter Frosting:


(photo of my heels & cupcakes by Dan Woolf Photography

You will need:
  • Some Nicki Manaj to dance to (inspired by the dance team).
  • A large dramatic bowl (preferably in a colorful Kitchen Aid Mixer).
  • Hologram Gold Disco Dust
  • A spoon because you might just end up eating the frosting by itself.
  • Mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups

The Sparkly Fluff:

6 oz. cream cheese
2 C confectioners’ sugar
1/2 t salt
1 C creamy peanut butter (try not to use natural peanut butter since it is extremely oily)
1/2 t pure vanilla extract
1/2 C heavy cream


1.  In your Kitchen Aid Mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy.


2.  Gradually add peanut butter, salt, and vanilla.

3. After these ingredients are blended add powdered sugar (I add even more than this sometimes if I want my frosting to have texture and be thick-no matter what the frosting never seems to be too sweet!)

4. Add heavy cream.

If the frosting gets too soft at this point, you can always add more powdered sugar to thicken.


I use a 8 or 9mm rounded cupcake-ing tip to swirl on the pb frosting.
I use a sharp knife to cut my peanut butter cups into little squares..
and sprinkle my magic sparkly gold disco dust on top of the cupcake. ♥
I add more love by adding a sparkly heart cut by hand out of glitter cardstock. If you want to make it more special you can add a gumdrop like this one.
















Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At October 19, 2011 at 8:48 AM , Anonymous Marti O'Leary said...

Love this!!! It is sooo you. You are so right Honey, you don't have to go to distant lands to help....raising healthy and happy children is a blessing you will enjoy all your life...and they raise healthy happy children and you get to spoil them. You are so talented. Nice that you have found another fun outlet. xxoo Marti

 
At September 10, 2012 at 6:17 AM , Blogger Monica Larson said...

Sometimes I feel like a crazy Amanda Cupcake stalker because I am just drawn to all of your work. I could spend all day going through your blog again and again....since I make cake pops too they are so fun and inspiring for me to see. I hope I am slowly soaking up some of your amazing creativity and spunk....and you are SO right about adding the disco dust to everything and glitterizing it......you can't help but smile!

I'm so glad that your business has done/is doing so well and that you will have your cupcake mansion soon! I know I don't actually know you, but I do know that you are more than deserving of that! Your personality and outlook is just contagious & this world would be a lot better off if there were more people like YOU in it!

Thanks for being a continuing inspiration to me :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://theamandacupcake.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service