Thursday, August 25, 2011

Cat In The Hat Cupcakes for Brady♥

I love a good excuse to go crazy with my cupcake-ing.
To wildly stack deliciousness on top of deliciousness with no regard to any rules of decorating.

I was really excited for this cupcake order because it was my chance to do just that.

Cat In The Hat Cupcakes for Brady's 5th birthday.
I made the hat out of a marshmallow.
Striped it with candy melts.
Set it on top of a round of licorice.
Then stacked the hat on top of 3 thick layers of red and white frosting.


When I delivered the cupcakes to Brady, I heard his dad tell him he was such a lucky boy ♥



I even topped it all off with a polka dot birthday candle. I used white candy melts as the glue to hold the candle high.  Can you imagine how excited the birthday boy will be when the candle is lit?


I used upside down heart shaped runts to add cat ears to some of the hats.


I realize this isn't your traditional take on a themed cupcake order..  this was my interpretation.  Dr. Seuss has always been an inspiration to me. I kind of always wondered how I could use his genius to express myself. I thought it would be through writing. But instead .. through a cupcake.


I would like to believe that Dr. Seuss would be proud.


And then there was my favorite part. The Things. Thing 1 & Thing 2... I made them out of marshmallow pops. I added wild blue sparkly hair with buttercream frosting, stuck them on a stick, and then stuck the stick inside of the cupcake!


"Here to Play."


I just love the hair. I had so much fun with this part.  Again..it gave me a chance to embrace my wild side.


I am Lol-ing. I just can't help myself.


This is what the "Things" look like as marshmallow pops. The best thing is that you can eat them either way.  On the cupcake.. or right off the stick.



 “Look at me! Look at me! Look at me NOW!
It is fun to have fun But you have to know how.
 I can hold up the cup And the milk and the cake!
I can hold up these books! And the fish on a rake!
I can hold the toy ship And a little toy man!
And look! With my tail I can hold a red fan!
I can fan with the fan As I hop on the ball!
But that is not all. Oh, no. That is not all...”








Just like the game "Fun In The Box" in the book...


I added some fun to the inside of the cupcakes. The cupcakes are Peanut Butter. I filled the inside with peanut butter frosting and strawberry jelly! Tastes just like a PB&J Sandwich

..and who (young or old) hasn't eaten a PB&J sandwich while reading Dr. Seuss?




Happy 5th Birthday, Brady!






Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At August 25, 2011 at 9:08 PM , Blogger Cassie Joy said...

Ahhhh, I don't even know if I can handle the cuteness of these cupcakes! You did such an amazing job! I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I loveee your creativeness! I♥Amandacupcake!

 
At August 25, 2011 at 9:32 PM , Anonymous amanda cupcake said...

I♥you right back Cassie. Thank you for always being an amazing inspiration to me. Even though I did this order without my lovely assistant, I could totally feel the spirit of Cassie with me :)

 
At August 29, 2011 at 4:59 AM , Blogger Handmade Baking Vintage Aprons said...

Love these cupcakes!! Especially the Dr. Seuss..
Wonderful job :)

 
At August 29, 2011 at 10:13 AM , Anonymous Amanda Cupcake said...

Thank you!! ♥♥♥

 
At September 1, 2011 at 12:08 PM , Anonymous SuzieQ said...

Wow, amazing job! My 6yo daughter was with me looking at the pics and she was so excited and laughing at each one!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://theamandacupcake.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service