Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cupcake Backlash?!?!?

I accidentally stumbled up on this new little trend on Friday called "Cupcake Backlash".

Here I have been lost in my own little cupcake world, designing beautiful miniature edible pieces of art, and all the while there is a war against sweet, innocent, smiling little cupcakes!

I have also recently been told to "Kiss Cupcakes Goodbye and Say Hi to Pie" according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

I have a hard time believing that cupcakes will ever cease to exist.
I started making cupcakes long before "Cupcake Wars" came along.
Not because they were a fad, or I thought that later I could charge $5.00 per cupcake if they were fancy.
But because cupcakes are a beautiful reminder of the "little" things in life that can be so surprisingly delicious.
I don't know about anyone else, but they bring me back to my innocence and youth.  Anybody want a key to youth? The key is to savor and not completely let go of the things you loved when you were a child. 

When I started sharing the miniature cakes with my friends, their eyes would light up, their days were *made*.  I discovered a secret to make someone's day.  Just leave a cupcake on their desk, or at their front door in a cute little box.   I possess the gift to make somebody happy just by baking and decorating a simple little baby cake and adding my sparkly magic.

There are wars in the world, and lots of things to fight about.
But if you fight against a cupcake, you simply won't win.

They'll always be around in some form, tasting heavenly, and sparkling happily. 
They have aged beautifully since the time I was in pre-school.
Even if the "fad" disappears, the cupcake will still be around, and I'll still be here making them beautiful.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At January 22, 2011 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Caroline Cakewise said...

Amazing Amanda, I completely agree with this!! Some people take life so seriously - what on earth is wrong with a beautiful, delicious cake, baked and decorated with love and creativity??! I think it does represent something innocent and joyful - flying carefree in the face of fretting over calories etc.!! :D I've just linked to your AMAZING castle cake in my latest post - I still can't get over the brilliance!! xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://theamandacupcake.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service