Monday, January 31, 2011

Out of This World Cupcakes!




"Out of This World" Milky Way Cupcakes

Inspired by a recipe I found at a tempting blog site (this place makes me hungry every time I visit): Inside Bru Crew Life .

My friend was feeling down.
There was snow on the ground.
The temperatures outside were freezing!
I wanted to bake her something special, and I knew she loved chocolate.
But she needed something extra special.



Perhaps... a chocolate cupcake, topped with buttercream frosting mixed with melted Milky Way bars. Ohmy...Not to mention a chocolate ganache surprise inside of the cupcake.
Swirly whirly creamy buttery sweet frosting sparkles and beams under the light.
A Milky Way Candy Bar is the supermodel in this gorgeous cupcake creation.
I tweaked the recipe a bit to make it my own, added some sparkles..and woah.
It was one of the most amazing things I have eaten in my life!



If you want the original recipe..click on the link:  Inside Bru Crew Life .


Here are some tweaks that make this an Amanda Cupcake original.

For the Cupcakes:
*I added a teaspoon of Almond Extract to the chocolate cake batter.
*I melted about 15 caramel squares and added them to the chocolate cake batter.
*I melted a 4 oz chocolate baking square and added to the chocolate cake batter.

My entire kitchen smelled warm like chocolate caramel. Yum.

For the Frosting:
*I added butter flavoring extract. I do that with all of my frosting, it brings down the sweetness and enhances all of the rich flavoring in the buttercream frosting.
*I added my own decorative touch with different sized decorating tips!
*And of course...edible disco sparkles!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold sparkles coordinate very beautifully with caramel.






The Milky Way Supermodels:
I used whole milky way bars, and tore the candy bars apart at different angles.
This gave them an artistic gourmet cupcake look when I placed the Milky Way bars on top of the frosting swirls! 




The Chocolate Filling:
Unites all of the flavors and pleasurably surprises the tastebuds.
The cupcake wouldn't be the same without it!

The result:  Out of This World Cupcakes


For my troubled friends who need a little pick-me-up:
Stressed is Desserts spelled backwards.








Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At January 31, 2011 at 5:59 PM , Blogger Jocelyn said...

I am so glad you loved the recipe!!! I am digging the sprinkle additions:-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

https://theamandacupcake.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service