Gingerbread Latte Cupcakes
by: Amanda Cupcake ♥
The most important thing about making a cupcake:
Not thinking so much about making an actual cupcake..
instead.. taking a tradition that is loved...
and turning it into a cupcake.
Like Gingerbread Lattes before Christmas.
Your Best Friend in the Morning.
Topped with mini gingerbread stars & hearts cut out by hand.
A kitchen aroma of sugar and spice and all things cupcake.
A nostalgic neighborhood of gingerbread latte cupcakes. Mini Fantasy Gingerbreaad Houses constructed carefully with royal icing. Imagine if your neighborhood sparkled with heart shaped gingerbread rooftops?
Oh oh oh. Who wouldn't go? Up on a yummy peanut brittle rooftop.
The little reindeer on top always make everyone giggle. And really, that's one thing that Christmas is all about! The childlike happy spirit dances ♥ and plays with edible glitter of course.
Gingerbread Latte Cupcakes Recipe
adapted from Cupcake Project:
Creates 12 delicious cupcakes.
1 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 T Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 T Espresso Powder
5 T Unsalted Butter at room temp
1/2 Cup Fine Baking Sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
1/2 Cup Hot Milk
1/2 Cup Unsulfured Molasses
How to bake them:
1. Line cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners.
2. Make sure oven is preheated to 350.
3. Sift & Combine dry ingredients in one medium sized bowl.
4. Combine Liquid ingredients in another medium sized bowl.
4. Cream the butter and sugar together in large stand mixer until creamy.
5. Add eggs to mixture gradually.
6. Alternate the addition of dry & liquid ingredients to creamed blend until fully incorporated.
7. Fill your cupcake liners about 3/4 to the top.
8. Bake at 350 for approximately 20 minutes.
The best frosting ever for this cupcake. Constructed by me, the lovely and not-so-mad cupcake scientist. ♥
- 4 oz Cream Cheese or 4 oz Marshmallow Creme (for a more whipped topping-think delicious drink!)
- 1 lb butter
- 1/2 Cup Hazelnut Coffee Creamer (you can try other coffee creamers too, the hazelnut is my favorite for frosting)
- 1tsp Cinnamon
- appx 3-4 cups of powdered sugar (depending on how thick you want the frosting to be)
1. Whip your Cream Cheese (or Marshmallow Creme) and Butter together in your stand mixer.
2. Add your pound of butter gradually in small squares.
3. Then add Coffee Creamer & Cinnamon.
4. Gradually add powdered sugar to your blend. I like my frosting to be more fluffy & dreamy so I slowly add my powdered sugar until my frosting is fluffy like a cloud!